Sunday, October 2, 2011

SoSA vs. AA-Z

So I actually managed to get through the September of Short Adventures and vanquished the mustache dragon once and for... well for now. I am pleasantly surprised that I pulled it off given that I never completed the A-Z Blogging event from April. Though I think I have a good idea why that is.

First, in April I was unemployed. So blogging wasn't a huge priority compared to finding a job. Now that I am employed again, I feel a bit more comfortable using my free time to blog about games again.

Also with the A-Z event, you are limited to whatever letter you are supposed to blog about that day. I tapped out after S because I was struggling to come up with T-Z, and come out with them on time. With SoSA, I could blog about what I wanted when I wanted. Which is kind of the idea of blogging. if you think about it. If I wanted to blog about booze-running PCs, I could blog about booze-running PCs. If I wanted to blog about fighting a giant shark, then by God I will blog about fighting a giant shark!

Overall, this was a fun event. Big thanks go out to Matt at Asshat Paladins for getting this organized. Hopefully out of all the short adventures you will find something that fits your group.

No comments:

Post a Comment