In the meantime, I have created another sheet of "hats" for people to use. This sheet adds five more hats (labeled K-O) for sleep, stun and death, as well as 10 hats for poisoned status.
I also thought I should give a run-down of the status effects and what they could be used for. Some of these are obvious, but others may be specific to particular game systems. I tried to keep these as system neutral as possible overall.
- Sleep- either under the effects of a spell, KOed, or just dozing off.
- Stun- variety of effects that isn't quite knocked out, but not able to do much while awake.
- Blind- character can't see.
- Deaf- character can't hear.
- Mute- character can't speak/cast spells. May be used to represent characters under the effect of a silence spell.
- Burn- character is en fuego and at risk of taking continuing fire damage.
- Para.- paralysis
- Web- trapped in a web, either from a spell or a big freakin' spider.
- Engulf- the character is engulfed by something. Could be swallowed whole by a monster, trapped in a water elemental, etc.
- Petrify- character has been turned to stone.
- Posion- character is poisoned
- Dead- 'nuff said.