Friday, February 1, 2013

41 Days Till GaryCon! Memories of GaryCon IV: Part I

One of the nice things about vlogging my trip to GaryCon last year is that it makes recapping things a lot easier.

The first video is from Day 'Zero', a/k/a the day before the convention started.


This was the first time I had to fly to get the convention. And it was the second time that I had flown since moving to upstate New York. As I mentioned in the video above, I had a considerable layover in Detroit followed up by having a hell of a time getting out of O'Hare once I got into Chicago. One thing I failed to mention in last year's vlog was that despite it being March in the Midwest, it was 84 degrees outside in Chicago. I know that I shouldn't have really been surprised. But 'unusually warm' for Chicago in the winter is usually around 50-60 degrees. 84 was a bit much to be honest. On top of that, I had a bad headache getting into Lake Geneva. So I was in no mood to do anything but lay down and sleep as soon as I got checked in.

On another note, most of these vlogs were about a day late when I first uploaded them. The file sizes on my Flip were fairly big, the internet at the hotel was fairly slow and my laptop had the annoying habit of powering down if left unattended for too long. I've managed to do something about the latter issue. The first two may be out of my control.

After settling in, we did go down to the bar area and chat with a few friends and get something to eat. I remember having a pretty good burger and failing to get anyone interested in a game of Give Me The Brain. I also hot the sack early and missed my opportunity to get my model-building for the shootout done. I would regret that the next day.

Next Week: The convention begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment