Saturday, February 16, 2013

26 Days Till GaryCon!

[EDIT: I thought this got posted last night.]

With only one week left for people to pre-register for events, it looks like my non-D&D games will be partially full come GaryCon.

On one hand, I am a bit upset about this. In particular for my HackMaster game as I had two people sign up for it, then drop it on the first day. I still think that was kind of rude. But my experience running games last year was that if people really want to play in a game, they'll show up for it if they signed up or not. I have had multiple instances of having my games blown off completely only to have those voids filled by walk-ups. But that's not always guaranteed, especially on a Thursday morning.

It is a bit discouraging to think that you put effort into getting a game set up only to have a poor turnout. Mainly because it seems like a waste of your time. There's that voice in the back of your mind saying, "you could have signed up for that Marvel game if you knew no one would show up." I guess the only good thing I can say is that I have never had zero turnout at a game. At worst, I've had at least two people show. So, you gut it out and try to make the most of it. Then again, I've been blown off by friends at my home games. I really shouldn't be too upset being blown off by strangers at a con.

No comments:

Post a Comment