Thursday, December 13, 2012

91 Days to GaryCon! Am I Running Out Of Ideas Already?

One of the problems I have had since I decided to do this challenge is the fact that I don't know if I can blog about a different subject every day for 100 days straight, let alone topics related to GaryCon. The main reason for this is that the idea was a rather spur of the moment one, and as a result I didn't plan out what I would do ahead of time. Even a simple checklist would have been enough to keep me focused on the task at hand. It's probably why I have never completed an April A-Z and stressed myself silly during last year's September of Short Adventures. I can seem to plan ahead for everything except blogging. Ironically, I am blogging to help me plan for GaryCon. So in effect, I am failing to plan for planning.

Ah the irony. It's like goldy or bronzy, but made out of iron. (I'll +1 the first person to get that reference.)

So the result of my under-planning my over-thinking of this undertaking is that I am at risk of not having enough GaryCon related stuff to talk about for the next thirteen weeks. So like it or not, I need to get things planned out or I'm going to burn out.

But enough of the pity party. Here are a few topics I plan on covering between now and GaryCon:
  • What to Bring- I've already talked about books and pillows. But there are a few other things people need to bring with them to the convention. I'll try to get them all covered.
  • Games I Want to Play- You go to GaryCon to play games. That's obvious. But what games? I'm going to talk about what games I want to get in one, whether I have played them before or not. This could become a nice weekly series if done right.
  • People to See- The other reason to go to a convention is to meet up with friends and make new ones. I've made quite a few at the last four conventions. I'd like to tell you who they are.
  • Preparation- Three months to prepare for my duties as a GM. I'll go over what steps I take to get ready.
  • GaryCon Memories- I've been to four GaryCons before this coming one. I'll relate stories of those past cons and how they really got me back into gaming. This one I'll start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment