Saturday, December 29, 2012

75 Days Till GaryCon! I Want to Play... Are You A Werewolf?

This game is never listed in the event catalog, yet it's an annual tradition at GaryCon. Usually around midnight the call goes out for players to meet up in the restaurant. And then the game is on.

To the best of my knowledge, the game goes something like this. Out of the entire group of players, one is the 'werewolf' of the game. The game shifts between day and night phases. At night, the werewolf gets to 'kill' one of the other players. During the day, the players try to decide who is the werewolf and pick one of the players to be lynched. If the lynched player is the werewolf, the game ends. If the lynched player is a villager, the game continues. The object of the game is simple. If you're a villager, kill the werewolf. If you're the werewolf, kill the villagers and stay alive.

I first heard about this game at GaryCon III when my brother decided to get in on it late on a Friday Night. I was tired and passed on it. Friends and family have played it every year and had a blast, and I have passed because it was late and I was tired.

This time, it's going to be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment