Sunday, March 3, 2013

11 Days Till GaryCon! Time to Start Packing.

First of all, The Dead Games Society will be throwing a 70s theme party in their suite on Friday Night at 9pm. I have a game running at that time, but I might be able to stop by late.

I'm in the process of packing for the con, and am having the issue of what size bags to bring. My big concern having to do with carrying books with me through the airport. While I can run HackMaster from HMB and D&D from the Cyclopedia, I still need to bring my Aces & Eights book for the shootout and my Hacklopedia of Beasts just to get it signed by the rest of the D-Team. Plus there's the unwritten rule of not checking any bag that has anything you can't live without on your trip. And since I don't want to pay and extra $25 on each trip, that means packing light so I can bring everything as a carry-on.

So it looks like it's going to be a backpack and small suitcase for this journey. Likely doable, but definitely stuffed to capacity. Thankfully most of the time my bags will in my room and not carried around. But it's one of those little things you have to deal with when you travel, even if it's just to game.

No comments:

Post a Comment