Sunday, December 23, 2012

81 Days Till GaryCon: More Pre-Gen Prep

Despite spending the entire morning hopping from airport to airport and battling a head cold that waited until the day I went on vacation, I managed to get the start on two more pre-gens for my D&D game at GaryCon. This time I am adding a cleric and a magic-user to the mix. Both are based on 120,000 XP, so the magic-user is only 7th level compared to the 8th level PCs we have seen.


Magic-User, Level 7; S 8, I 15, W 9, D 6, Co 9, Ch 5, 16 hp

Spells
First Level- Detect Magic, Hold Portal, Protection from Evil
Second Level- Invisibility, Locate Object
Third Level- Fireball, Protection from Evil- 10' Radius
Fourth Level- Wall of Fire

Items- Clerical Spell Scroll (Light), Potion of Gaseous Form, Ring of Holiness, Map, Normal Sword +1/+2 vs. enchanted monsters, Wand of Enemy Detection (15 charges), Elven Cloak
Right off the bat, this guy is going to be hurting based on that low Dex and Strength. Also, out of the seven magic items I rolled, three of them are clearly not usable. I will probably ditch the map and give the sword to the fighter or elf. Though I can say the scroll and ring would be useful to this guy.
Cleric, Level 8; S 10, I 11, W 16, D 10, Co 11, Ch 10, 23 hp

Items- Wand of Illusion (9 charges), Ring of Fire Resistance, Normal Sword +5, Ring of Fire Resistance, Spear +1, Sling +1, Potion of Speech, Potion of Polymorph Self
Again, the same issue with items, as a cleric can't use the wand, sword or spear. Rolling two rings of fire resistance was a bit of a laugh I would have to admit.

The mage might be able to make use of some of the scrolls that came up in the halfling and fighter's shares. One I get the rest of the pre-gens done, I'll be able to sort everything out from the 'pool' of items and then stock up with the rest of their equipment.

Hopefully, I'll be feeling better by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment