Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Two Days Till GaryCon!

Ugh, I hate travel days. I got slightly more sleep last night than I did the night before. Then it's five hours of sitting in a cramped plane or hauling heavy bags throughout the airports. By the time my mother and stepfather picked me up at O'Hare, I was just plain miserable. I needed lunch and a nap and not much else.

However, fate would dictate there be more to today. That's because today's my 39th birthday, and there was celebrating to be had. So after a two hour nap, we were off to a nice restaurant for a great meal and one of the best gin martinis I have ever had. The second half of the day more than made up for the first.

Now, it's back to bed to get ready for tomorrow. I'm (hopefully) meeting an old friend for lunch tomorrow before picking up Michael and heading to Lake Geneva. See you all there.

No comments:

Post a Comment